Monday, June 17, 2013

It Stinks Being Sick

It's like 7-10 days of awfulness.  My energy has been completely drained out of me and to top that off my taste buds are out of whack!  Luckily, my tasting abilities were around 76% working right Saturday and just in time to take Big B to his first Korean BBQ experience.  For those who haven't been, typically Korean BBQ in Southern CA is a grill yourself all you can eat meat-tastic adventure.  Big B wanted to go somewhere California-y (he already went to In N Out) and what's more California-y than all you can eat?  Thus, we took him to Gen in Tustin.  Located about 6 minutes away from our home, the wait could be up to 2 hours but we got there before noon and it was about a 15-20 minute wait.  YAY!

Big B grilling up some brisket!
We got seated and waiting for us were various banchan or side dishes that included kimchi, pickled daikon (one of my favs), bean sprouts and potato salad (random I know).  Also, a yummy salad and side of white rice balanced my meal with the tons of meat we ordered! 

Here's what we ordered:
Gen Signature Prime Steak
Beef Bulgogi (marinated sliced beef)
Chadol (thin sliced brisket)
Hawaiian Steak (terriyaki marinated and pineapple)
Chicken Bulgogi
Garlic Chicken with Jalapeno Cheese Fondue
Spicy Pork
Mushrooms & Onions

Whoa, when I type that out, that's a lot!  It is so delicious though.  And Gen is awesome because it's only $20 per person!  Sure, in LA my friend Adonis took me to an AYCE KBBQ lunch for $12.99 but still $20 at Gen is not bad considering it's so close.  The service is really great and the atmosphere is really fun.  A shower is a must after eating here because your clothes, hair, skin will all smell like KBBQ afterwards!  However I would find that quite enjoyable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment