Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day Feast

Best Dad in the World
Dang, those chicken legs are humongous!
My dad is the best in the world.  No really, he is.  You think your dad is the best?  Well my dad is better.  tee hee.  Thank you dad for all you do for me.  Thank you for killing spiders in the house, thank you for letting me trade cars with you so you can take my car to Frank's for a tune up and oil change, thank you for yummy Costco hot dogs, thank you for installing new toilets in the house when we moved home, thank you for putting up with Tim in the house for two years, and thank you for loving me.  Father's day was a little rough for Tim and I as we are still fighting this darn cold.  But I didn't want to miss celebrating a special day with my daddy.  Mom cooked some Chinese style BBQ ribs and chicken , marinated some cucumbers and cooked rice of course.  I helped grill some zucchinis and squash on their new BBQ! I also had a craving for garlic bread, caprese and fruit popsicles.  Oh, and avocados were on sale so why not?  Dad loves avocados.  So yes, I got all of those too.  Best part is when I asked my mom how she marinated the ribs and chicken her response was (in a Chinese lady accent) "Oh, I use whatever I have.  Kat-sup, soy sauce, oyster sauce, green onion..."  So random.  Maybe I'll look up a recipe for Chinese style ribs.  Anyway, Happy (couple of days later) Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment